Monday, September 9, 2013

Fall Favorites!

Hello Fashionistas!!

I hope everyone is having a great day so far. I'm still super excited for the Fall season, and I can't wait to try out some of the hottest trends. Fall is a really busy season, from school to work to parties and casual outings, but you can also make this time of year fun and fashion forward with cool makeup ideas, study habits, and the cutest, most useful accessories.


Fall's hottest makeup looks: 

Color is definitely big for the Fall season. While browsing fashion mags, and runway collections, I chose the most popular looks for Fall.

 

Bright Cat-eyes: Cat-eyes have been popular for a number of seasons now, but this Fall, change up your look by adding colorful cat-eyes or glitter. 
Orange-y Shadow: I love orange eyeshadow!! It's a great choice for Fall and it's super cute. Try adding orange shadow to make a brownish outfit pop. 



Red lips: I've never tried red lips before, but I've seen some great hues on the Fall runways that would look great for anyone. I would pair this trend with a LBD and red pumps. 



Prune Eyes: This Fall is all about purple. A deep brownish purple to be exact. Prune isn't always a pretty color, but on the eyes is great and a perfect choice for fall.  

Useful Study Habits: 

Being a college student and majoring in one of the hardest fields: Biology, it can often get difficult to find a helpful study pattern that yields results. When I first started college, I tried several different study habits, but I was finally able to find a useful one!! :) Here are my tips to you. Studying is different for everyone, so I hope that some of my tips will be helpful to you. 

Set a positive mood for studying: by setting a positive mood, I schedule a productive time to study (a time where I will get the most done without getting distracted) and find a suitable place ( such as a quiet room). 


Various study activities: includes not just reading, but also group discussions and hands-on work.


Organize: organization is very important. I organize and centralize notes and assignments in both a notebook and a folder on my computer.


Review and Evaluate: Each week I dedicate a short time to review notes and assignments and then evaluate my progress. 


Review before lecture: Before each class or study session, I review the assignments and notes.


Mark: I mark information that I don't understand and seek alternatives (textbook, experts, websites) to help. 


Reward: After acing a test, I reward myself by going shopping. 


Cutest and Most Useful Accessories/Supplies

I've recently discovered many cute useful everyday things from phone accessories to kitchen utensils.

eForCity Plush cell phone holder: I bought this cute little plush from amazon.com on sale: 2 for $3. The regular price is $3.36 ea. They fit many phone models, and they're sold in blue, yellow, green, and pink. 
Lisa Frank Folders: For a long time I couldn't find a Lisa Frank folder anywhere, and when I did, they were selling for around $13!! I'm so happy Walmart has begun selling them again!! They're super cute, girly, and fun.
Folders: Walmart and walmart.com .97 cents each.

DIY Wooden Spoons: I discovered how to do these spoons on a DIY site. They are too cute and, they really brighten up any kitchen. all you need is paint and a paintbrush. Different types of paint works, but I like the Martha Stewart pastel brand. 
spoons: Walmart prices vary.  Any type of paint. Martha Stewart brand: Michael's $4.80 each.

Look of the Day:

With all of the cool Fall trends, it's hard to choose just one look. Today I picked the Military trend.
Photo from Debshops.com
I really love this look. I love the combat boots and the colors. Why not kill two birds with one stone and add a pair of trendy sneaker wedges to complete the look. 



These gorgeous sneaker wedges would go great with the military trend and the color is right on. 
Take Off Wedge Sneaker: on sale for $22.99 at pinkice.com 

I hope you guys enjoyed today's post. Please leave your feedback and feel free to ask questions. My next post will contain: 

Look of the Day

Fall Nail Trends

Fall Fashion Haul 1

Thanks for all of your support, and please stay tuned for my next post. 

Au Revoir,

Bree :) 


 

 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment