Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Back to School Must Haves 2014 Edition

Hello Fashionistas!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I know I'm doing much, much better. I want to thank everyone for your well wishes. This post was originally supposed to go up before the Fall school semester started, so I'm happy that it's still early on in the semester. I've created a checklist of some of my favorite things that I think will contribute to a successful school year.

Binders/Notebooks


I think it's definitely important to have a different binder or notebook for each class. This may sound like a lot, but I've found great success when all of my classes are separated from one another. To make each class fun, I always buy cute folders. I'm a huge Hello Kitty and Lisa Frank fan.


Lisa Frank Folders, Walmart stores, .97 cents

Sticker Labels


when writing notes, label by sections or grouping. This makes it easier to find what you're looking for during study/test time. To keep it interesting, I use customized labels that I made myself. 


Colorful labels, Target stores and Target, $1.00

Two Backpacks


Having two backpacks makes it easier to distinguish between my Mon,Wed,Fri classes and Tue,Thu classes. I also don't have to keep changing out my textbooks and notebooks or live in constant fear that I may forget something. I really love canvas backpacks. They're super cute, very spacious, and they come in a variety of colors and patterns.


Canvas Backpack, Amazon, $17.99 (not price may have changed)

Pencil Case


Having a pencil case makes it a lot easier to find your pens, pencils, and highlighters. You can even store your lip gloss or mascara inside them. They're slim, and they come in many cute prints.


Music pencil cases, CoolPencilCase, $18.45 ea.

Kindle


Often times, you may have maybe 15 or 20 minutes in between classes, and you definitely wouldn't want to go back to your dorm or apartment for that time. So, I love to sit under a tree or on a bench and read on my Kindle. I still have one of the older Kindles (Kindle One Touch) without the backlight because I only use my Kindle for reading books. The time really flies by when you're reading, and my next class starts before I know it.


Kindle One Touch, Amazon, price varies

Planners


I really love planners. I am an avid user of planners. I write everything in them because I am extremely forgetful. I actually have four planners. I use one for class, one for work/events/appointments, a separate blog planner and I also have a desk planner that I write everything in. By having my school and work separate, I feel that I am more organized, and I am able to find things in my calendar better. A dry-erase planner is also an excellent option.


Patterned weekly planner, Mochithings, $7.95

USB Light


I was so excited when I saw this bulb. It's perfect if you have a roommate ( or if you just want to conserve energy), and you need a few extra hours to study. It's a USB powered night light and it gives off a great shine. 


USB FlexLight, ThinkGeek,$7.99

Water bottle/ blender bottle


 When you're walking around a huge campus all day, staying hydrated is a must. Always carry a reusable water bottle with you. Also, if you're going to have a long day and won't be able to eat for a while, I recommend a protein shake. A blender bottle blends the shake really easily, and your hunger pains will be cured for a while. Plus you're getting protein.


Purity Glass Water Bottle, Contigo, $14.99
Blender bottle, The Vitamin Shoppe, $5.99


 Desk Organizer

A desk organizer will keep your desk items tidy and easy to find. You can opt for a basic desk organizer or one with a pattern.
CepPro gloss purple desk organizer, Urban Girl, $12.50

CepPro gloss purple magazine file, Urban Girl, $9.50

Cell phone holder


A desk cell phone holder is a must for me because I tend to lie my phone down, and then can't find it. Now, I always know that it will be on my desk in a cute little cell phone holder.


eForCity Plush Cell Phone Holder, Amazon, $5.99

Ribbon Hair Ties


On many occasions, I get really hot and I have to put my hair up, or on the days that I have a lab where I need to wear my hair up, it's really convenient to have a ribbon tie on my wrist. I also workout a lot, so I always have at least one ribbon tie with me. I've seen so many cute patterns and colors, and there are always new color palette sets made for each season.


Goody Ribbon Ties, Target, $4.99

Lens cleaning kits


Lens cloths and sprays are truly my best friends. I am totally blind without my glasses, and I don't wear contacts. I probably have to take 6 lens cloths plus the spray out with me daily because of my everyday mishaps.


Zeiss Lens Wipes, Walmart, $4.99

Ulta Butter Balm


I'm totally loving the Ulta Butter Balm. It's a lip gloss but it moisturizes and feels like a balm. There are so many pretty colors, and I don't have to constantly reapply even while the weather is this hot.


Ulta Butter Balm, Ulta, $8.00

Lap Desk


Sometimes your desk chair can be very uncomfortable, so a lap desk is perfect if you would like to study on your bed or in a comfortable recliner. They come in many different colors, patterns, and sizes. So, you can fit your textbooks, notebooks, or laptop on them.  


Purple Lap desk, Best Buy, $19.99

I hope everyone enjoyed this post. If you're having trouble viewing anything on this page, please check out my backup blog, I Am Fashion. Please stay tuned for my next post. Thanks again for your well wishes. I really am doing so much better thanks to you all. Have a lovely day!!


Breaya

3 comments:

  1. Lovely items Breaya!!! Great selection and useful post!
    Kisses my fashion friend, happy wed!
    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice items!!!
    Have a good week, doll!!! my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with stationery, so you got me here!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete