Friday, July 18, 2014

The Best Bags for Every Occasion

Hello fashionistas!!

I want to thank everyone for their get well wishes. I'm doing a bit better, but unfortunately my doctor had to reschedule my appointment to next week, so hopefully my headaches will be fine until then. :) Everything is going great at my internship. We'll be finished making the prosthetics sometime next week, and I'll post pictures for you all soon after.

The Best Bags for Every Occasion


Today's post is going to be all about the perfect handbag. Sometimes I've struggled to find the perfect bag to fit everything I need for different occasions such as work, school, traveling, the beach, or even just a day of running errands. I hate when my bag is bulky from being overfilled or when I have to leave things at home because my bag is too small, and I definitely hate having to carry things I couldn't fit into my bag in my arms. So, I've rounded up the best bags for every occasion.

School

When I'm at school, I hate carrying anything in my hands because I'm walking around a huge campus most of the day, and I'm going to sit through lecture after boring lecture. The things I need are my books and notebooks for that day, my wallet, my keys, my phone, my Kindle to read in between classes, my iPad, my planner, a pencil/pen case, and my lip balm. So, I usually go for an oversized canvas backpack that has a lot of space. The extra space gives me more room just in case I buy something from the bookstore or somewhere else. The size also makes it not overfilled and the straps don't look as if they may snap at anytime. 


Work

My normal job is on campus as a supplemental instructor which is a fancy name for a tutor, and I only work two to four days a week for about 3 to 4 hours. Most days it's right after my classes so I usually just carry my canvas backpack, but some days, I don't have any classes and the bag I opt for is a shopper tote. I know I'll need a notebook, a few dry erase markers, pens and pencils, worksheets, the class textbook, and my basic essentials: keys, phone, and wallet; and a shopper tote is the perfect bag to fit everything in.



Shopping and Running Errands

For a day of grocery or clothes shopping I go for a crossbody bag, because I usually buy a lot of things so I don't want to carry a handbag that a may sit down and forget somewhere. I can't carry as many items in a cross body bag, but they're just perfect for shopping.



Overnight Trips


I have family scattered across Texas, and I often make day trips to visit. When I stay overnight, I always use a medium sized overnight/weekend bag. This hold all of my essential items: pajamas, Outfit for the next day, toiletries, and anything else that I may need.



Laptop


Having a laptop bag is the perfect way to protect your laptop and not have to carry it around. I've seen several people who puts their laptop in their backpacks along with huge, heavy textbooks, and that's definitely not good. Most laptop bags have extra compartments, so you can store pens and paper as well. Also, make sure you get the right size for your laptop.



Traveling by Plane


There have been many times I've packed down things that I've actually wanted to carry onto the plane because my carry on bag was way to small, but an awesome oversized tote bag can still be considered a carry on bag. Opt for a tote that's really deep. This gives you more space. You may have a harder time finding things, but you'll definitely fit more things in.   



What type of bags do you all carry for different occasions?

I hope you all enjoyed this post. Sorry I haven't blogged much this week. I will try to finish up tomorrow's post tonight and have it posted by tomorrow morning. Also, if you are having trouble viewing anything on this page, please visit my backup blog, I am Fashion. I hope you all have an amazing weekend. 

Breaya

10 comments:

  1. Interesting post, I love bags, My fav accessories!!!!

    Ciao bellissima!!!
    Kisses
    http://expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, bags are amazing!! Thanks for stopping by, Paola.

      xoxo,
      Breaya

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, the backpack is my fave as well!! Thank you so much for stopping by.

      xoxo,
      Breaya

      Delete
  3. Hi Breaya, we've had our dose of thunderstorms in Italy too!! I love this selection, especially the Fossil bag. Much much love dear!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thunderstorms are such a handful, Coco. Ugh! lol. I really love Fossil bags. I have so many of them, and their colors are always amazing. Thanks for always commenting.

      xoxo,
      Breaya

      Delete
  4. Nice selection!!! I love bags!! I have a shop of hats and bags, I am addicted to them!!
    Have a good week!!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marcela. I love bags as well, and I definitely knew you liked hats from your profile picture. They look amazing on you. Have a lovely day.

      xoxo,
      Breaya

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for your lovely comments Breaya, they mean a lot to me!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete